- Best hitter of his era, if not of all time.
- Has a career batting average of .367.
- Batted under .320 only once in his career.
- Batted over .400 three times.
- Won 12 batting titles, including 9 in a row from 1907 thru 1915.
- Third all time in stolen bases with 892.
- Second in runs scored with 2,245.
- Second in career hits with 4,191.
- Led the American League in slugging eight times.
- Scored 100 runs 11 times in his career.
- Drove in over 100 runs seven times in his career.
- Led the American League in runs five times.
- Led the American League in hits eight times.
- Played for 24 years; 22 years with Detroit, two with Philadelphia.
- Youngest AL player to reach 1,000 hit level (24-years old).
- One of the first five players elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame
in 1936 where he received 98.23 percent of the votes (222 out of 226)